In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on!

. . . from the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful . . .


For all you delicate Southern belles and gentlemen out there (including you transplanted Yankees who may have forgotten), this is just a typical December day in Western New York! Actually, it's a little more intense than we usually see in early December; this is more like a mid-January day. These views are from the front and back doors of my house this morning, taken with the briefest positioning so that I wouldn't become a living snowman while snapping them. They call to my mind the words of the Psalmist:
He giveth snow like wool: he scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes. He casteth forth his ice like morsels: who can stand before his cold? ~ Psa 147:16,17
I swear, there is something in the Bible for absolutely every occasion!

2 comments:

It's A Wonderful said...

Brrrrrr. If I were there, I'd be in my sweatshirt, wrapped in a blanket with my furry socks on. With a cup of hot chocolate. In front of the fire. With some cookies. Oh, and a dog at my feet. Reading a yummy sewing book. I miss it!

Donna said...

That looks like Idaho. EWWWW!