In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on!

. . . from the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Don't Overlook These Cool Features!

I've added some nice features to this blog over the last few months that I thought were especially informative and entertaining, but which--being in the sidebar--you might have missed or not scrolled down far enough to see (it doesn't help that I rearrange them from time to time). I just thought I'd bring some of them to your attention, so you can enjoy this site even MORE than you already do, if that's possible!

Directly below the contact and introductory notes is (are?) Words of Inspiration, a verse or two from scripture that I try to change every few days. I need to figure out how to archive these and provide a link to that archive in the sidebar. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know! Anyway, I feel like I grow a little spiritually with each of these gems I find, and I hope they brighten your day, too.

If you'd like to find some more Words of Inspiration on your own, just type in some terms to search for in, appropriately, Search the Bible--you'll get (in a separate tab) a complete list of verses in which that term appears in the King James Bible, courtesy of Bibleserver.com.

Further down, below "First-Rate Blogs," are Links of the Month, a collection of 12-15 links to web sites that I think are especially useful, informative, or fun--many I use on a daily basis, or nearly so. As the title suggests, I update the list about once a month. Try the links and, if you like the site, bookmark it for yourself! I need to figure out how to archive these, too.

It's incredible what insights can be gained from things other people have said. Thus Quote of the Month, a selection of wisdom I'll be updating monthly (and which also should be archived). Some of the most profound observations about life and mankind have been uttered by two of my heroes, Abraham Lincoln and Winston Churchill, who have their own special quotation places directly below my monthly selection.

Just below the Quotes are some treats for the eyes and ears as well as the mind. As long as it continues working, Classical Piano Music is a player that you can use to add some melodic accompaniment to your browsing (just click the right-pointing arrow on the little bar at the top to start the music; click the double-bars to pause it; and click the solid square to stop it completely). Art of the Day links you to a beautiful image depicting a scene from the Bible.

To top off your mind-expanding visit to Marching On!, don't miss This Day in History, which links you to text and images about some important event that took place on that very date--and which may still be resonating today.

I hope you continue to enjoy your visits here. If there's some change, improvement, or new item that you'd like to see, just let me know!

No comments: