In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on!

. . . from the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time Out, More or Less

Here it is again, more than a week since I last posted. Par for the course these days, but very disappointing to me. There is SO much I have to say, about so many things, but agonizingly little time within which to do it. I used to manage two or three posts a week, then two, and then maybe one--and now, perhaps one every week to 10 days. And that still seems more than I can manage. There's always something more urgent--office work, which the company now expects us to do at home--caring for the house, yard, and pets, keeping up with the checkbook and bills, etc. And there are other things I desperately want and need to do, such as genealogy and Bible study.

So, this is to let my readers know that I'm still here and eager to speak, even if you don't hear from me quite as often as you used to--at least, for a while. For the next few months I may be able to post only every couple of weeks (but will do so more often if I get the opportunity). If most of my recent posts have focused on family, faith, and music, it's because they're the nearest and dearest things to my heart, and can be written more extemporaneously than posts on politics, law, or even history, which require more research and labored composition. If you need to keep up on political, economic, and social developments that aren't reported much in the mainstream media, I know of no better place to go than the Drudge Report--bookmark it and visit often; the page is crammed with important headlines and links, and is refreshed every few minutes. For more in-depth conservative commentary, go to Pajamas Media. Two unbeatable resources for faith-oriented news, commentary, and information are Crosswalk.com and Everyday Christian. I'll continue adding links like this to my sidebar as I get the opportunity.

I may also, if time permits, make some adjustments to the layout of this site with Blogspot's new template design tool. So, if the site looks different or even odd now and then, that's probably the reason. I'll get things settled as soon as I can. By all means, write and let me know what you think, or if you have any tips or advice to impart.

Thank you for your patience!

No comments: