In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free,
While God is marching on!

. . . from the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC

Monday, April 27, 2009

Return to Yankee-Land

We're BAAAAAACK! From the sunny Southland, that is. Actually, we've been back since Saturday evening the 25th, but I haven't had time to post anything till now--too busy unpacking, putting stuff away, paying accumulated bills, walking the dog, and other necessary chores. Even now, bedtime approaches and I won't have time to provide a detailed rundown of our delightful visit last week to Jacksonville, Florida and Savannah, Georgia. But I plan to do just that over the next few days, as I'm able to get pictures off the camera and onto the computer for uploading, and line up links to all the fun places we visited (for an excellent preview, see my sister Patti's recent blog posts here and here). It'll be an enjoyable project; I think I left a piece of my heart down there, and can't wait to go back. If I had to live elsewhere than Western New York, I think the North Florida area would be it, summer heat and all (perhaps I could get acclimated to it; is the interminable winter freeze here any less miserable?). I have roots there as deep as I have here, after all. Now, what's a loyal Union soldier to do about that?

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Now I'm confused dad. Are you a Yankee or a Confederate? :)